ELIXIR-UK Data Management Working Group
Data Management UK - Deputy Lead
Munazah Andrabi - University of Manchester
This working group was launched in October 2020 to focus ELIXIR-UK activities on helping researchers manage their data.
We welcome participation from data stewards, support staff and researchers interested in Research Data Management (RDM) in the life sciences. We meet over zoom, on the first Tuesday of every month. These regular meetings focus on performing and reviewing work around the theme of Data Management, and form a point of contact for a growing pan-European network of data expertise within ELIXIR.
Projects in 2021 have focused on capacity building and training in Research Data Management, and include:
- ELIXIR-UK FAIR Data Stewardship Training: funded by the UKRI innovation scholars award and partnering the ELIXIR-UK training working group to build and deliver national training FAIR data stewardship using ELIXIR-UK knowledge and resources.
- ELIXIR-UK FAIR Data Stewardship Fellowship: a chief deliverable of the UKRI innovation scholars award, to build and support a community of Data Steward Fellows in the UK. This community will contribute and embed Research Data Management know-how and training activities into UK Universities, Institutes and research communities.
- RDMkit: an online guide containing good data management practices applicable to research projects from the beginning to the end.
- FAIR Cookbook: an online resource for the Life Sciences with recipes that help you to make and keep data Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable (FAIR).
- ELIXIR-CONVERGE: a project funded by the European Commission to build expert networks, training and toolkits for Research Data Management. Aims include activities to position, sustain and assess impact of these resources, as well as the mobilisation of resources to enable data management and sharing in COVID-19 research.
- BioFAIR: a proposal to build a virtual institute providing support, training and infrastructure to the UK life science research community: promoting open and transparent data management practices.
If you wish to be involved in the group, please sign up to the mailing list. Your request will be processed and if you are part of an ELIXIR-UK member organisation you will be added to the group.