- This event has passed.
CarpentryConnect Manchester 2019 (CCMcr19)
June 25, 2019 - June 27, 2019
In affiliation with The Carpentries, the Software Sustainability Institute are organising the first European CarpentryConnect event in Manchester from 25th – 27th June 2019 in collaboration with the Cathie Marsh Institute for Social Research and with support from Manchester’s Data Science Institute. It will be hosted at The Studio Manchester on 25th and 26th of June and in the Kilburn Buildingat the School of Computer Science (University of Manchester) on 27th June.
- Increasing the sustainability of scientific software and research through training
- Good teaching practices in research computing
- Tools and resources for education of researchers in computing
- Lesson/curricula development (working on existing curricula or establishing completely novel domain-specific materials)
- Other topics relating to The Carpentries community or delivering training in research software: e.g. building a local carpentry group/community at research institutions or bringing the Carpentries curriculum to universities, finding funding or making a case with the senior management at your institution.
Third day of the conference will be dedicated to hands-on/hack sessions and workshops.