Software Carpentry Workshop
January 22 - January 23
Our goal is to help scientists become more productive by teaching them basic computing skills like program design, version control, testing and task automation. In this two-day bootcamp, short tutorials will alternate with hands-on practical exercises. Participants will be encouraged both to help one another, and to apply what they have learned to their own research problems during and between sessions.
What are the objectives of the course?
You will learn to:
- use the shell to do more in less time
- automate your tasks and pipelines
- write structured programs
- use Git to manage and share information
- how (and how much) to test programs