We are pleased to announce that ELIXIR-UK are able to fund some of our members to attend the BioHackathon Europe 2021 in Barcelona. If you are planning to attend this event in person then please read the below criteria and fill out the application form. We will fund travel and accommodation for those who are successful. Please note that we have a limited budget and may not be able to fund everyone who meets the criteria.
Criteria for funding:
- You must work at one of our 20 member organisations.
- You must be actively involved in ELIXIR. This could be through one or more of the following:
- Part of one of our committees
- Active in an ELIXIR focus group or community
- A lead on one of our ELIXIR-UK services
- Involved in ELIXIR projects such as RDMkit
- An ELIXIR-UK Fellow
- You must have plans to take part in an in person Biohackathon project and demonstrate what you will bring to the project.
- You must show that you do not already have funding for this event. You may have funding if:
- You have been selected to lead a project
- Biohackathon attendance is funded through an implementation study you are part of. (if you do not know this please ask us at the Node and we can check for you)
Successful applications will be selected based on your eligibility, and after that on a first come first serve basis, so please get your applications in as soon as possible.
Please note, the registration deadline for the BioHackathon is Wednesday 15 September. If you apply for funding make sure you have already registered for the BioHackathon.
Register here for the BioHackathon
Fill out an application form here