Process for adding Consortium Members to ELIXIR-UK
ELIXIR is a distributed international research infrastructure for life science information, building on existing data resources and other services within Europe. It is an inter-governmental organisation with a single Hub and National Nodes model, with a growing number of Nodes located at centres of excellence throughout Europe.
The UK ELIXIR Node (“ELIXIR-UK”) is a consortium of UK research organisations committed to support and deliver FAIR Data Infrastructure in the Life Sciences.
Membership of ELIXIR-UK brings access to a range of UK and European (through our engagement with ELIXIR) forums for collaborating with others to achieve this goal. As part of this, it provides access to small funding calls for collaborative projects.
The process for joining ELIXIR-UK is:
- Please fill in this Form
- The completed form is shared with the ELIXIR-UK Steering Committee (SC)
- Two thirds, or more, of the SC members need to agree to the addition of this organisation to the consortium;
- The new organisation signs the Form of Adherence Agreement;
- The ELIXIR-UK Coordination Office notifies ELIXIR Hub of the change in membership of ELIXIR-UK
- there is no fee associated with joining ELIXIR-UK;
- there is no deadline for applications – any response to the form will be passed directly to the ELIXIR-UK SC, and the result of their decision whether to accept the applicant into the ELIXIR-UK Consortium delivered by e-mail as soon as possible to the contact people specified in the application.
- There is no guarantee or commitment to funding by joining ELIXIR-UK.
The main criterion for selection of new members of the ELIXIR-UK Consortium is whether they are likely to make a significant positive contribution to the ability of ELIXIR-UK to fulfil its mission