The 2022 Call for Services is now closed, the next round will be Spring 2023
If you have a service you would like to submit for review then please fill out the expression of interest form below:
Benefits of becoming an ELIXIR-UK service
- Influence the development of a major effort in data integration: standards, implementations, tools
- Exposure to a wide range of potential users and collaborators across Europe and globally
- Although Node service status does not confer any additional funding, it does indicate the value placed on the service by ELIXIR which may be useful for future funding
- Those offering Node services are eligible to apply for Hub funding for implementation studies and can also apply for Node funding for participation in ELIXIR
- The most significant benefit is the raised profile throughout ELIXIR, its communities and platforms.
Selection criteria and process
The selection panel assesses services based on:
- Alignment with the five ELIXIR infrastructure themes (data, tools, compute, interoperability, training)
- Level of usage
The process for selecting ELIXIR-UK Services, including selection criteria is an open and transparent process published and peer-reviewed.
Hancock JM, Game A, Ponting CP and Goble CA. An open and transparent process to select ELIXIR Node Services as implemented by ELIXIR-UK [version 2; peer review: 2 approved, 1 approved with reservations]. F1000Research 2017, 5(ELIXIR):2894 (https://doi.org/10.12688/f1000research.10473.2)
Timeline for 2022 Call for Services
- Open the 2022 Call for Services: 1st August 2022
- Close the Call: 23rd September 2022 (8 weeks)
- SDG Review the applications: 4 weeks
- SDG Meeting to make final decision: End Oct/Early Nov 2022
- Announcement of final outcome: Mid November 2022
- Please note that for a Service to be considered, it must be associated with an ELIXIR-UK Member Organisation. See full list of Members
- All Services are associated with one or more of the ELIXIR Platforms (Training, Compute, Data, Interoperability, Tools) and typically serve one or more of the ELIXIR Communities.
If you have any questions about this process or would like any further information, please contact the Node Coordination Office ([email protected])